Monday 11.00am – 10.00pm
Tuesday 9.00am – 11.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am – 11.00pm
Thursday 9.00am – 11.00pm
Friday 9.00am – Midnight
Saturday 9.00am – Midnight
Sunday* 10.00am – 3.00pm
*Please note during school holidays our Sunday opening times reduce to 10:00AM to 1:00PM*
We can also open later or earlier for private hire events.
Admission & ID
- ID RequirementsThe Forum Music Centre operates on a challenge 21 policy therefore if you appear to be under 21 you will be asked for ID to purchase alcohol or gain entry to over 18 events. Valid forms or ID include a current driving license (provisional or full) and a current Passport. We can only accept original documents. For certain events, age verification wrist bands will be issued so staff can quickly identify who is over 18 or not.
- Under 18'sUnder 18’s are permitted for using the facilities such as cafe/bar during daytime hours. Under 18’s can also use the venue in evening hours however only if using the facilities such as the rehearsal rooms or getting music tuition.
- Under 18's at EventsDepending on the event (Please see age restriction on each event) a restricted number of 16 and 17 year olds are permitted to attend live gigs as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. There must be one guardian per young person in attendance. Tickets must be booked in advance and the name plus age of person must be stated at time of booking.
- Smoking AreaThere is a smoking area at the back of the building near the car park, smoking is not permitted outside the front of the building. Please use the smoking bins provided to extinguish cigarettes.
- Drugs PolicyThe Forum Music Centre operates a zero tolerance on drugs, anyone found in possession or under the influence of drugs will be ejected from the venue immediately and no refund given.
- Coming and GoingPlease be aware that we are located in a residential area and as such we ask that you respect our neighbors and the environment when you enter and exit the venue and do not leave litter or make excess noise.
- Cameras and RecordingFor the satisfaction of other customers large iPads and/or tablet devices are not permitted to photograph or film during any performances. Customers who persist may be asked to leave the venue.
No professional cameras (with large or detachable lenses), video cameras or audio recorders are permitted in the venue unless permission from the venue has been granted in advance. Photographers attending with an intention of publicising photographs or video footage must get permission from the venue. The venue will also require permission from the band/artist or notification from the band/artist that a photographer will be accompanying them.
Small compact cameras and mobile phones are allowed unless specified on the day of the show.
How To Find Us
Our Address is
The Forum Music Centre
We are located on the corner or Brunswick Street and Borough Road just a few minutes walk from the town centre and 5 minutes walk from Darlington train station.
For the latest Train Times and Prices please visit www.tpexpress.co.uk
Please see our Events Listings for ticket pricing, we aim to try to run events that fit everyone’s budget.
Click Here to download a sample of our drinks menu.
(Please note this is just a sample of some of the more popular products that we sell)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking at the venue?Yes, there is a car park at the rear of the venue, there is also on street parking all around the venue and also a large car park just down the road.
- What payment types do you accept?We accept cash and card including mobile payments such as Apple Pay, GooglePay etc.
- Is the venue seated or standing?The majority of our live music events are standing only, with notable exceptions being the Hilarity Bites Comedy Club and Darlington Film Club that are seated.
Please check the details on each event as to whether the event is standing or seated.
- For seated events can I reserve a seat or table?Generally no, but for larger parties we may set aside a table to ensure minimum disruption.
- I'm unable to stand for the duration of the event, can I have a seat?If it’s for medical reasons then we will do our utmost to accommodate you. To help us do this please request a seat at the time of booking and let us know when you arrive at the venue.
- I have a personal assistant do they need to buy a ticket?We have limited tickets available for Personal Assistants. These tickets are at no cost for Deaf or disabled customers who require the support of a PA to attend our venue. Please book in advance by contacting our venue directly. Please note we may ask for evidence to support your request for a PA ticket.
Please note as we also work with 3rd party promoters this policy may not apply to all events.
- I'm no longer able to attend the event, can I get a refund on my ticket?Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds on tickets purchased, if you have a ticket for an event you can no longer attend please get in touch with us and if the event sells out we may be able to sell it on for you or swap it for a different event. Please note this is on a case by case basis and we cannot guarantee this.
- I've lost my ticket?Don’t worry, we keep a record of everyone who has purchased tickets so you can still show up to the event and we will know that you have a ticket.
- I bought my ticket online and didn't receive my E-TicketCheck your junk email folder, if it’s not there then don’t worry we’ll have a list of everyone who has purchased tickets online and we’ll let you in.
- Will the gig be loud?Probably, we will always try our best to keep the decibel levels to a safe and comfortable level but some events may be louder than others depending on a number of factors.
Disposable ear plugs are available to purchase from the bar if required and we recommend to take breaks away from loud noise levels in our bar area.
- Will there be strobe lighting?The majority of our shows will contain strobe lighting and smoke effects. If you have any concerns please speak to a member of the technical staff before the show starts.
- Do you have a cloak room?No, but a coat rack is available for customers to use at our reception.
Please note all items are left at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for the loss of any items left.