Monday 11.00am – 10.00pm
Tuesday 9.00am – 11.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am – 11.00pm
Thursday 9.00am – 11.00pm
Friday 9.00am – Midnight
Saturday 9.00am – Midnight
Sunday* 10.00am – 3.00pm
*Please note during school holidays our Sunday opening times reduce to 10:00AM to 1:00PM*
We can also open later or earlier for private hire events.
Admission & ID
- ID RequirementsThe Forum Music Centre operates on a challenge 21 policy therefore if you appear to be under 21 you will be asked for ID to purchase alcohol or gain entry to over 18 events. Valid forms or ID include a current driving license (provisional or full) and a current Passport. We can only accept original documents. For certain events, age verification wrist bands will be issued so staff can quickly identify who is over 18 or not.
- Under 18'sUnder 18’s are permitted for using the facilities such as cafe/bar during daytime hours. Under 18’s can also use the venue in evening hours however only if using the facilities such as the rehearsal rooms or getting music tuition.
- Under 18's at EventsDepending on the event (Please see age restriction on each event) a restricted number of 16 and 17 year olds are permitted to attend live gigs as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. There must be one guardian per young person in attendance. Tickets must be booked in advance and the name plus age of person must be stated at time of booking.
- Smoking AreaThere is a smoking area at the back of the building near the car park, smoking is not permitted outside the front of the building. Please use the smoking bins provided to extinguish cigarettes.
- Drugs PolicyThe Forum Music Centre operates a zero tolerance on drugs, anyone found in possession or under the influence of drugs will be ejected from the venue immediately and no refund given.
- Coming and GoingPlease be aware that we are located in a residential area and as such we ask that you respect our neighbors and the environment when you enter and exit the venue and do not leave litter or make excess noise.
- Cameras and RecordingFor the satisfaction of other customers large iPads and/or tablet devices are not permitted to photograph or film during any performances. Customers who persist may be asked to leave the venue.
No professional cameras (with large or detachable lenses), video cameras or audio recorders are permitted in the venue unless permission from the venue has been granted in advance. Photographers attending with an intention of publicising photographs or video footage must get permission from the venue. The venue will also require permission from the band/artist or notification from the band/artist that a photographer will be accompanying them.
Small compact cameras and mobile phones are allowed unless specified on the day of the show.
How To Find Us
Our Address is
The Forum Music Centre
We are located on the corner or Brunswick Street and Borough Road just a few minutes walk from the town centre and 5 minutes walk from Darlington train station.
For the latest Train Times and Prices please visit www.tpexpress.co.uk
Welcome to the Forum, our venue is wholly inclusive and accessible throughout all public areas.
The Forum Music Centre is operated as a not for profit social enterprise community facility. It houses a 200 capacity Live Performance area with a separate but adjoining café/bar. Within the building are 5 band rehearsal rooms and 1 recording studio. As well as a lively gig schedule the Forum hosts a weekly film club and a monthly comedy club. Daytime activities include a music school, after school song club and various parent and toddler play groups.
The performance area has three exit doors, one that leads directly into the café/bar area with accessible toilet facilities, one that leads to the car park and rear and one that is a fire exit leading directly to the outside of the building.
Strobe lighting may be used at gigs therefore if you have concerns please call and speak to our technical manager, Phil Wilson or Matt Eland on 01325 363135 or email us via our Contact Us Page
An accessible toilet located in the café/ bar area by the spiral staircase next to the Ladies Toilets
Most live music gigs are standing therefore please call in advance if you require seating or wheelchair space. If you are already at our venue and require seating please ask a member of staff and they will happily assist you.
For further information and if you would like to arrange a visit to view our facilities please contact;
Katie Wilson, General Manager email@example.com 01325 363135. If Katie is away from work or does not respond within 5 days please contact Managing Director, Allison Mckay firstname.lastname@example.org 01325 363135.
How to purchase tickets
- Telephone the Forum 01325 363135 state the gig you want the ticket for and a member of staff will take payment by card over the phone.
- Online- If the event on our website has a ticket link you can click on that and purchase it through ticketweb *a small booking fee is charged for online sales*
- In person – you can purchase tickets by cash or card at the Forum during opening hours
Our Box office has an accessible lowered counter
Personal Assistance Tickets
We have limited tickets available for Personal Assistants. These tickets are at no cost for Deaf or disabled customers who require the support of a PA to attend our venue. Please book in advance by contacting our venue directly. Please note we may ask for evidence to support your request for a PA ticket.
Personal Assistance Tickets are available for all Forum Live events, Hilarity Bites Comedy Club and Darlington Film Club.
Travel and Arrival
The Forum is located on the corner of Borough Road and Brunswick Street near the Hippodrome Theatre and Town Centre Shopping and Bus terminals within the Central East Ward of Darlington
The Forum is 0.2 mile from Darlington Mainline Train Station and approximately the same distance to town centre bus stops
There is a free small car park to the rear of our building and limited street parking.
There are accessible parking bays for 2 cars that lead directly to the rear doors, if you require this space please call in advance and we will reserve it when possible.
Wheelchairs users and disabled guests may request early access to the performance area if they require.
Please ask a member of staff on arrival.
Customers with medical requirements
Customers are welcome to bring food, drink, medicine and medical equipment to manage a medical condition whilst visiting our venue. Please let a member of staff know so we can assist if necessary.
Assistance Dogs are very welcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there parking at the venue?Yes, there is a car park at the rear of the venue, there is also on street parking all around the venue and also a large car park just down the road.
- What payment types do you accept?We accept cash and card including mobile payments such as Apple Pay, GooglePay etc.
- Is the venue seated or standing?The majority of our live music events are standing only, with notable exceptions being the Hilarity Bites Comedy Club and Darlington Film Club that are seated.
Please check the details on each event as to whether the event is standing or seated.
- For seated events can I reserve a seat or table?Generally no, but for larger parties we may set aside a table to ensure minimum disruption.
- I'm unable to stand for the duration of the event, can I have a seat?If it’s for medical reasons then we will do our utmost to accommodate you. To help us do this please request a seat at the time of booking and let us know when you arrive at the venue.
- I have a personal assistant do they need to buy a ticket?We have limited tickets available for Personal Assistants. These tickets are at no cost for Deaf or disabled customers who require the support of a PA to attend our venue. Please book in advance by contacting our venue directly. Please note we may ask for evidence to support your request for a PA ticket.
Please note as we also work with 3rd party promoters this policy may not apply to all events.
- I'm no longer able to attend the event, can I get a refund on my ticket?Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds on tickets purchased, if you have a ticket for an event you can no longer attend please get in touch with us and if the event sells out we may be able to sell it on for you.